This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 28 March 2017. A current copy is located at http://apvma.gov.au/node/18316
You are here
APVMA Regulator Performance Framework
The APVMA Regulator Performance Framework sets out how the APVMA intends to measure and report its performance each year and is part of an Australian government requirement for all regulators.
The 2015–16 APVMA Performance Framework is the first of its kind. As the systems for collection and reporting of information mature, and as we better understand what is important to our stakeholders and the community, we will refine and improve our performance reporting to ensure we are continue to meet the needs of stakeholders.
The performance framework key performance measures in place are:
- Unnecessary impediments to the efficient operation of regulated entities are removed.
- Communication with regulated entities is clear, targeted and effective.
- Actions undertaken by regulators are proportionate to the regulatory risk being managed.
- Compliance and monitoring approaches are streamlined and coordinated.
- Regulators are open and transparent in their dealings with regulated entities.
- Regulators actively contribute to the continuous improvement of regulatory frameworks.
Development of the framework
This framework was developed in consultation with our stakeholders and the key indicators and performance measures reflect the key areas of importance to each of them. For example, our industry stakeholders are most interested in whether we are meeting the statutory timeframes for processing applications—measured as ‘timeframe performance statistics’.
Publication of performance
2015–16 financial year
Quarter 1 & 2 (July – December 2015)
Performance of regulatory decisions