This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 29 April 2017. A current copy is located at http://apvma.gov.au/node/20836
You are here
Performance statistics July–September 2016: Part 2 – applications for products, actives and permits
During this quarter the APVMA:
- finalised 44 applications for pre-application assistance
- received 564 new product, active and permit applications for preliminary assessment
- commenced assessment/evaluation of 665 product, active and permit applications
- finalised 595 product, active and permit applications
- overall timeframe performance was 77 per cent for product, active and permit applications types with:
- 82 per cent of applications for pesticides completed in timeframe
- 84 per cent of applications for veterinary medicines completed in timeframe
- 68 per cent of applications for actives completed in timeframe
- 69 per cent of applications for permits completed in timeframe
- 79 per cent of the 1266 applications in progress are within timeframe
- 64 per cent of applications requiring major assessment for pesticides were completed within timeframe
- 68 per cent of applications requiring major assessment for veterinary medicines were completed within timeframe
- 95 per cent of non-technical applications for pesticides were completed within timeframe
- 99 per cent of non-technical applications for veterinary medicines were completed within timeframe
- average decision time remained steady.
- Overall timeframe results were positively influenced this quarter by:
- reducing administrative burden by implementing better internal applications management software
- improvements to work processes.
- Work-in-progress rose in this quarter as a result of:
- higher than average commencements
- an increase in the number of applications as part of the vet actives project.
- Unscheduled and scheduled leave is lower than for the same quarter last year and did not negatively impact performance this quarter.
Summary of workload and performance statistics: July–September 2016
Applications processed July–September 2016
|Application type||Commenced||Finalised||In progress||In progress, still within timeframe||2015–16 in timeframe||Finalised within timeframe|
|Product registration—veterinary medicines||132||154||299||77%||80%||84%|
Detailed results are divided into the following sections: