This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 29 March 2017. A current copy is located at http://apvma.gov.au/node/3110
You are here
View our organisational chart.
Roles and responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – Kareena Arthy
Office of the Chief Executive Officer – Ms Helen Stokes
Scientific Assessment and Chemical Review
Provides scientific assessments that underpin registration decisions and reviews chemicals of concern.
- Executive Director – Dr Jason Lutze (a/g)
- Chemical Review – Dr Matthew O'Mullane
- Chemistry and Manufacture – Mr John Hughes
- Efficacy Assessment Coordinator – Dr Michelle Wooster
- Environmental Assessment Team – Mr Kim Wellens (a/g)
- Health Assessment Team – Dr Utz Mueller, Dr Chris Schyvens
- Residues and Trade – Dr Jason Lutze
- Scientific Standards and Data Guidelines – Dr Phil Coghlan
Registration Management and Evaluation
Processes and evaluates applications to register products, permits and active constituents and manages the interface with clients.
- Executive Director – Mr Alan Norden
- Case Management and Administration – Ms Narelle Marro
- Veterinary Medicines – Ms Angela O’Sullivan, Dr Karina Tyson, Dr Adil Hussain
- Pesticides – Ms Gaye Weller, Ms Kylie Higgins (a/g), Ms Sharon Pike (a/g)
- Minor Use – Mr Karl Adamson (a/g)
- Biologicals – Mr Edward Cram
- Quality Oversight and Reporting – Mr David Perry
Legal and Compliance
Ensures the integrity of the regulatory framework through compliance, audit and monitoring, coordination and sound legal advice.
- General Counsel and Executive Director – Ms Geetha Nair (a/g)
- Compliance and Monitoring – Mr Drew Ward
- Manufacturing Quality and Licencing – Ms Susan Hanns (a/g)
- Principal Legal Officer – Ms Margaret Horne
- Principal Legal Officer – Ms Eleanor Westcott
Provides systems and support to all operations.
- Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director – Ms Stefanie Janiec
- Finance – Mr Greg Dennis (Chief Financial Officer)
- Human Resources and Development – Mr Peter Bignell
- Information Management and Technology – Ms Jennifer Bardsley (Chief Information Officer)
- Procurement and Partnership Management – Ms Sue Wurcker
- Public Affairs and Communications – Ms Virginia Stanhope
- Chief Scientist – Dr Phil Reeves
- Principal Scientist (Pesticides) – vacant