This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 28 March 2017. A current copy is located at http://apvma.gov.au/node/4151
You are here
Registration Liaison Committee
The Registration Liaison Committee is the main consultative forum between the APVMA, the states, territories and Commonwealth agencies relating to operational management of the National Registration Scheme.
The main purpose is to provide a forum for the ongoing development and operational coordination of the NRS and for consultation on the development of operational policies, guidelines and protocols within both the APVMA and the signatory organisations to allow effective alignment of the agvet chemical control objectives of the APVMA and States and Territories.
The objectives of the committee are to:
- align the outputs of the APVMA’s registration processes and the chemical management objectives of the States and Territories;
- develop operational policies with regard to the operation of the NRS including those dealing with registration (including labelling), regulation and appropriate use of agricultural and veterinary chemicals;
- provide feedback on State and Territory views on these issues and particularly their impact on chemical users and the responsibilities of regulators;
- address specific operating policy issues as necessary;
- provide input to operational planning priorities;
- provide input to existing chemical review priorities.
The committee comprises an APVMA chairperson and representatives of the following organisations:
- NSW Department of Primary Industries
- NSW Environment Protection Authority
- Victorian Department of Environment and Primary Industries
- Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- WA Department of Agriculture and Food
- WA Department of Health
- SA Department of Primary Industries and Resources
- Tasmanian Department Primary Industries, Parks Water and Environment
- NT Department of Primary Industry and Fisheries
- ACT Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate
- Department of the Environment
- Department Health (Office of Chemical Safety)
- Ministry of Primary Industries New Zealand
See the main state and territory contacts for these organisations.
RLC meets in Canberra in March and September. Teleconferences are held as required in June and November.
PO Box 6182
Kingston ACT 2604
Phone: +61 2 6210 4786
Fax: +61 2 6210 4787