This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 28 May 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/12266
You are here
Advisory Board Communiqué—25 August 2014
The APVMA advisory board met in Canberra on 25 August 2014 and received progress briefings concerning:
- the early stages of the APVMA's review of its risk assessment framework for registration processes and provided feedback on the scope, sources of information and project timeframe
- implementation of the reform legislation from 1 July 2014 and the status of the associated elements and activities.
APVMA corporate plan
The advisory board also provided initial advice to inform the development of the APVMA's 2015-18 corporate plan. The advisory board covered possible concepts, themes and issues for the mission and vision, challenges and opportunities, objectives, strategies, and key performance indicators. The advisory board noted changes and trends in the regulatory environment and the need for readily measurable objectives aligned to the mission and vision, embedding continuous improvement, robustness and transparency.
The advisory board noted a progress update towards planning for a proposed futures forum to be held in Canberra on 5-6 November 2014. The advisory board discussed structuring of the proposed event, its input to strategic and business planning, the envisaged presentation topics and likely participant groups.
The advisory board also noted:
- an update on the progress of the first principles review of cost recovery arrangements being led by the Department of Agriculture
- completion of the Senate inquiry into restrictions on the use of fenthion
- the APVMA Nanotechnology Regulation Symposium being held in Canberra on 28 October 2014.
The next meeting will be in Canberra on 5 November 2014.