This consultation closed on 30 June 2015
Consultation period31 March 2015 to 30 June 2015
The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) is inviting written submissions from interested stakeholders on its chemical review priorities, including information to help build a clearer Australia-wide picture of the issues and concerns associated with the following chemicals that have been re-confirmed for review:
- Aluminium phosphide (phosphine)
- Second generation anticoagulant rodenticides
- Dithiocarbamates (including mancozeb, metiram, propineb, thiram, zineb and ziram)
- Triazole fungicides (including propiconazole)
- Fenbutatin oxide
Further information on these chemicals and the reprioritisation process the APVMA has undertaken is contained in the Background to the Chemical Review Reprioritisation Process.
Please provide information on the following:
- The importance of any of these chemicals to you or your organisation including the availability of alternatives.
- Do you or your organisation have specific public health, worker safety, environment, trade, efficacy or labelling concerns associated with the current use of any of these chemicals in Australia?
- Do you have technical or subject matter expertise relevant to any of these chemicals that you could contribute to a review, particularly in the area of Australian agricultural practices?
- Is the information you provided applicable only to a specific state or region, or is it applicable Australia-wide?
- This consultation process is not a call for additional nominations for chemicals to review.
- Any information provided will assist the APVMA in prioritising the order in which the listed chemicals are reviewed and the approach that may be taken in conducting the review.
- More detailed planning and stakeholder participation will occur prior to the formal commencement of any of these reviews.
- Information contained in your submission may be made publicly available unless you indicate that you would like part or all of your submission to remain in-confidence.
Make a submission
You may send your written submission to:
Director, Chemical Review
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
PO Box 6182
Kingston ACT 2604
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submissions: 30 June 2015
For any further information please contact Chemical Review on the above email address or by phoning 02 6210 4749.