This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 24 June 2017. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18316
You are here
APVMA Regulator Performance Framework
The Australian Government’s Regulator performance framework was released in October 2014 by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. The framework aims to improve the performance of regulators by establishing a means for Commonwealth regulators to evaluate, in partnership with key stakeholder groups, overall regulatory performance.
The performance framework key performance measures in place are:
- Unnecessary impediments to the efficient operation of regulated entities are removed.
- Communication with regulated entities is clear, targeted and effective.
- Actions undertaken by regulators are proportionate to the regulatory risk being managed.
- Compliance and monitoring approaches are streamlined and coordinated.
- Regulators are open and transparent in their dealings with regulated entities.
- Regulators actively contribute to the continuous improvement of regulatory frameworks.
To support our assessment against the mandatory KPI’s, evidence metrics have been developed in consultation with our stakeholders. Key indicators and performance measures reflect areas of importance to the agency and our stakeholders.
Download previous years
As part of the framework, regulators are required assess their performance against six outcomes-based key performance indicators annually. These self-assessments are validated by the Ministers Advisory Council and are published below.