This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 14 June 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18591
You are here
Regulatory update #203
Training and events 2015: let us know what you think
Are you seeking an open forum discussion on a particular topic? Or perhaps you need training?
The new year brings the opportunity to increase our engagement with industry, stakeholders and the community through content rich events, seminars and training.
Please take a few minutes to complete this short survey to let us know the topics and discussions of interest to you.
Information about Hendra virus vaccine
Hendra virus can cause disease in horses and, rarely, in humans. Information on the Hendra virus vaccine has been published on our website.
Included is information on the permit conditions and product registration status, safety considerations and how anyone can lodge an adverse experience report, should they observe an adverse reaction associated with the administration of the vaccine.
Reminder: 1 January 2015 changes
As published in our 18 December 2014 edition, several changes took effect on 1 January 2015.
Application fee increase—final phase
The final of a three-phase application fee increasetook effect on 1 January 2015. This five per cent increase brings charges back in line with the 40 per cent cost recovery target outlined in thecost recovery impact statementpublished in November 2012.
View information on the timing of the changes to application fees.
One distinguishing product on the register—multiple labels
Commencing 1 January 2015, the distinguishing name for a product no longer has to be the same name on the product container label and multiple labels can be approved for one product—read more.
Simple changes to details are now easier
It is now easier to vary the details of an existing registered product. As of 1 January 2015, you can use APVMA online services to make multiple changes to one product—for a single fee—read more.
Help and assistance
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summariescontent on our website.
- Activyl Spot-on for Extra Large Dogs Over 40 kg up to 60 kg, Activyl Spot-on for Large Dogs Over 20 kg up to 40 kg, Activyl Spot-on for Medium Dogs Over 10 kg up to 20 kg, Activyl Spot-on for Small Dogs 6.6 kg up to 10 kg, Activyl Spot-on for Very Small Dogs 1.5 kg up to 6.5 kg
- Maestro 200SC Insecticide
- Outdoor Body Spray Natural Insect Repellent
- Timbertreat A Azole Insecticide/Fungicide Wood Preservative
- Pondus Insecticide
- Selectan Solution for Injection for Pigs
- Yates Pathweeder Kills Weeds Prevents Weeds Up to 12 Months
- Yates Pathweeder Concentrate Kills Weeds Prevents Weeds Up to 12 Months
- Cobalt Advanced Insecticide
- Fury 120 SC General Household Insecticide
- Melpat Ziram WG Fungicide
- AC Big Dog 540 Herbicide
- Agricrop Prolan 500 Herbicide
- Meteor Herbicide
- Hypoallergenic HME 23 Moderate Calorie Canine
- Hypoallergenic HSD 24 Small Dog Under 10 kg Canine – 10 kg
- Dupont Talendo Fungicide
- Imtrade Triallate 750 EC Herbicide
Application summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the application summaries content on our website.