This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 9 March 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18631
You are here
Regulatory update #212
Register now—Melbourne Industry Information and Education Session
The APVMA is holding series of Industry Information and Education Sessions throughout 2015 and 2016 and registration for Melbourne on Monday 17 August 2015 are now open.
More information on the draft program is available from the event page on our website.
Register now to secure your place.
Available now: Regulatory considerations for nanotechnology—final report
The APVMA report Nanotechnologies for pesticides and veterinary medicines: regulatory considerations—final report has been released.
The report looks at the benefits and challenges of regulating nanotechnology for use in agriculture and animal husbandry and highlights the key regulatory considerations for agvet chemical nanomaterials, based on the current state of knowledge.
Proposal to refine pesticide run-off assessments for dryland cropping regions
The APVMA has developed a method to refine estimates of pesticide run-off to waterways. The approach uses real-world data sets for stream flow in dryland cropping regions of Australia.
Summary information about the framework and method, a document detailing the background to and application of the method, and copies of the underlying database (stream flow data from Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia) are available from our website.
We invite comment on the technical aspects of the proposed method and data libraries up until 21 September 2015.
As a part of our ongoing commitment to improving our services, we have added a feedback tool to every page of our website. With one click, the tool provides the opportunity to tell us if the information provided on that page was helpful and provides the option of including an anonymous comment. This feature can be viewed now, below the main content area of our web pages.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
- Proposed use of Danadim Insecticide containing dimethoate, on canola and pasture – until 22 July 2015
- Proposed use of Movento 240SC Insecticide, containing spirotetramat, on wine grapes – until 27 July 2015
- Evaluation of the new active Fluensulfone in the product Nimitz 480 EC nematicide – until 28 July 2015
- Proposed registration of the product Ranman 400 SC fungicide – until 11 August 2015
- Evaluation of the new active Cydia Pomonella Granulosis Virus Strain V22 in the Product Grandex Biological Insecticide – until 11 August 2015
- Proposed approval of a new active constituent, Cydia Pomonella Granulovirus Strain C22 (CpGV-V22) – until 11 August 2015
- Trade Advice Notice on the proposed use of Apiguard Gel for Beehives in bee hives – until 11 August 2015
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 11 August 2015
- Refinement of aquatic exposure estimates in environmental run-off assessments for pesticides: dryland cropping regions – until 21 September 2015