This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 8 December 2019. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18666
You are here
Regulatory update #217
Making changes to veterinary products and actives
All actives require a unique approval number under the Agvet Code and the APVMA is currently undertaking an administrative exercise to assign existing vet actives an approval number and to update the APVMA chemicals database to reflect this.
The APVMA can issue an approval number in the meantime, should one be required for a variation application.
This process is expected to be completed by the end of January 2016.
Additional information, including advice on new and existing applications for variations made through section 161 notifications and the types of changes that need to be submitted to the APVMA, is available on our website.
Registrations filling fast, don't miss out—Canberra Industry Information and Education Feature Session
Registrations are now open for a special two-day event to be held in Canberra on 15 and 16 October 2015, as part of our series of Industry Information and Education sessions.
Places are limited, so register now to secure your place.
Reminder: fenthion use to cease in October 2015
Products containing fenthion may not be used after October 2015. This marks the end of a 12-month phase out period that commenced following the finalisation of the review into fenthion and subsequent cancellation of the active constituent. Existing stocks can be used until current permits and conditions expire in October 2015. Any product that remains unused should be disposed of responsibly.
Detailed information is available on our website.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
- Seeking comment on the draft Pre-application Assistance Fee legislative instrument – until 28 September 2015
- Seeking stakeholder input into the draft data guideline ‘Guidelines to Support Efficacy and Safety of Teat Disinfectants’ until 28 September 2015
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 6 October 2015
- Seeking stakeholder input into policy on the scheduling and management of APVMA GMP audits – until 9 October 2015
- Roadmap for insect pollinator risk assessment in Australia – until 4 November 2015