This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 14 June 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18766
You are here
Regulatory update #196
Online services update
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our systems. An online services update is available on our website so you can see the status of known issues and enhancements. If you experience any issues not already identified on this list please let us know.
Online updates this week:
- We expect that online applications for items 25 will be available as early as next week, instead of 19 September 2014 as previously advised. We are also working to fast-track the release of items 20–24. In the interim, a downloadable form is available.
- We have fixed an issue where unsubmitted (but saved) application data may not have merged with the release of a new version of a form. We apologise for any inconvenience. If you have lost data because of this issue please email us, as we should be able to recover the data.
- We are examining the ability to 'clone' a draft e-label. This will allow you to use one of your existing e-labels as a template to create a new one, reducing data input. Further information on this new functionality will be available soon.
- You can now 'click through' from the decision tree directly to the correct application item. This removes the need to type in the decision tree number.
Face-to-face training sessions for our online services are being held in Canberra on 18 and 19 September 2014. The sessions run for three hours and focus on using the decision tree, the application process, eLabels, other online service functions and future online service improvements. Please note training sessions on 18 September 2014 are now full and limited places remain for 19 September.
2014 Nanotechnology Regulation Symposium—registrations now open
The APVMA is hosting a Nanotechnology Regulation Symposium in Canberra on 28 October 2014 and registrations are now open.
The symposium will host a range of leading national guest speakers and experts on nanotechnology and its application to agricultural and veterinary medicines. It will provide industry and regulators with an opportunity to exchange ideas and information about the future regulation and registration of nanopesticides and veterinary nanomedicines.
The APVMA will publish a draft nanotechnology report in late September 2014 which will provide a basis for discussion at the symposium.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposal to amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – 28 August 2014
- Proposed approval of fluensulfone active constituent – 9 September 2014
- Proposal to waive target animal batch safety test for veterinary vaccines – 9 September 2014
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, derquantel and registration of Startect Broad Spectrum Oral Drench for Sheep – 12 September 2014
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, H. contortus integral membrane glycoproteins, and registration of Barbervax Barber's Pole worm vaccine – 23 September 2014
- Proposal to amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – 23 September 2014
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Boxer Gold Herbicide
- Nufarm Avadex Xtend Selective Herbicide
- Gator H20 Herbicide
- 4Farmers Turbo Charge
- Shin-Etsu Md Lbam Corto Pheromone
- Yea-Sacc TS
- Senator 600 Flowable Seed Treatment
- Clik Spray-On Sheep Blowfly Treatment
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.