This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 9 May 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18786
You are here
Regulatory update #193
Feedback welcome on new APVMA systems
Following the release of our new online services and website last week, we are closely monitoring our systems and making adjustments to quickly address concerns or emerging issues. As with any new system, there is always a period of settling-in and we are working hard to minimise the impact on industry while we improve our systems.
We have a dedicated team of people focused on ensuring timely responses to every question raised by users and we will use our website and these regulatory updates to provide answers to common questions. If you have questions that have not been covered in our Frequently Asked Questions please email us.
Update on new online tools and systems
A range of new and updated tools and systems has been launched in the online services section of our new website. Some components of these tools are still being rolled out and updated including:
- Enabling the function to allow the reference number that you receive in the decision tree tool to be automatically transferred to an application. Currently you need to manually copy it but we expect to have this updated in the coming weeks.
- Publishing online applications forms for permits (items 21, 22, 23, 24) and manufacturing licence forms. These forms are available as PDFs at the moment with online forms to be made available in coming weeks.
- Amending the eLabel system to ensure that it is mandatory for an eLabel to be submitted with an application, this will be updated by next week.
Based on your questions to date we have developed some frequently asked questions arranged by common topics. Your ongoing feedback helps us to continue to build systems that work for the people who use them. Please email us with your feedback and enquiries or call 02 6210 4701 during business hours.
EARS and the new online application tool – what you need to know
On 1 July 2014 we launched a new online application tool which replaced EARS, and already we have had a number of new applications submitted through it. If you were already registered as an EARS user your access details, but not your applications, were automatically transferred to the new tool on 1 July 2014. Your username is your old EARS username and you should have received a new password through the post in May 2014. If you do not have the new password you can reset it in the new tool. If you are a new user please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to remember that applications made before 1 July 2014 in EARS can’t be transferred into the new online application tool, but you can still track them by logging into EARS.
No new submissions can be accepted through EARS from 1 July 2014, they need to be made through the new application tool available in the online services section of our website.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, Inactivated West Nile virus strain VM-2, and registration of the product Equivac WNV – 15 July 2014
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, G-Protein (sG) of Hendra Virus, and registration of the product Equivac HeV Hendra Virus Vaccine for Horses – 15 July 2014
- Preliminary review findings on the reconsideration of fenthion – 22 August 2014
Advice summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the advice summaries content on our website.
- Moranox Broadspectrum Oral Worming Paste For Horses
- Eclipse Combination Pour-On For Cattle
- Smart Ipyr 750 WG Herbicide
Application summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the application summaries content on our website.