This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 8 December 2019. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18791
You are here
Regulatory update #191
New APVMA website and online services
The new APVMA website and new online application tools go live from 1 July 2014.
Minor disruptions while we switch over
While we update the APVMA website and online services there will be some necessary disruptions to services:
- There will be no access to the self-assessment (VET), certificate of export, pre-application assistance or levies and annual fee tools from 1 pm to 5 pm on Saturday 28 June 2014.
- Access to APVMA online services will be disupted between 4 pm to 8 pm on Saturday 28 June 2014 will be interrupted.
- The EARS application submission facility will be permanently disabled from 5 pm on Monday 30 June 2014
- Access to the APVMA website from 8 pm to 10 pm on Monday 30 June 2014 will be interrupted.
The first eLearning topic, pre-application assistance, is now available. ‘Permits’ and ‘Registrations’ eLearning topics are coming soon.
If you have started an application in EARS but you intend to submit it after 1 July 2014 you will need to save it elsewhere then transfer content into the new online application from 1 July 2014—it will not automatically transfer.
If you are already registered as an EARS user your access and details will be automatically transferred to the portal on 1 July 2014.
Questions and answers
See frequently asked questions about getting ready for the changes. If you can’t find the information you are looking for here, or if you need clarity, please email us.
Check the website for information and frequently asked questions on a range of topics.
30 June 2014—limited APVMA services
The APVMA will provide limited services on 30 June 2014. The APVMA switchboard (+61 2 6210 4701) will be open for emergencies.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposed approval of—new veterinary active constituent—derquantel – 1 July 2014
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – 1 July 2014
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, Inactivated West Nile virus strain VM-2, and registration of the product Equivac WNV – 15 July 2014
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, G-Protein (sG) of Hendra Virus, and registration of the product Equivac HeV Hendra Virus Vaccine for Horses – 15 July 2014
- Preliminary review findings on the reconsideration of fenthion – 22 August 2014
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Crop Care Dragon 700 WG Fungicide
- Aphinox Miticide/Insecticide
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.