This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 28 February 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18796
You are here
Regulatory update #190
New APVMA website from 1 July 2014
A new APVMA website will go live on 1 July 2014. Expanding the regulatory guidelines website we released in May, the new site will now include all the usual information—such as chemical reviews, public consultation, approved actives and application summaries.
Access to material from the old website (including MORAG) which you may need during the transitional year will also be available. The address remains the same: www.apvma.gov.au.
Questions and answers
Frequently asked questions have been updated on the following topics, in response to questions from you:
- Applications and payments
- Transition from EARS
- Application documents—requirements for the data list have changed
- Holders and nominated agents
- Genetically modified products
- Primary and secondary applications—ag and vet
- Multiple variations—draft legislative instrument open for consultation.
If you need further clarity or have other questions please email us.
Check the website for information and frequently asked questions on a range of topics.
Industry training on 12 and 13 June was well received by those who attended and a feedback survey has been sent out to participants to ensure we continue to provide material which is relevant and timely for users.
The slides and notes from the two training days are available from the website for those who did not have the opportunity to attend the face-to-face training. eLearning topics are in development and are being rolled out progressively.
30 June 2014—limited APVMA services
The APVMA will provide limited services on 30 June 2014. The APVMA switchboard (+61 2 6210 4701) will be open for emergencies.
Seeking comment on draft legislative instrument—prescribed relevant particulars
Comments on a draft legislative instrument—prescribed relevant particulars—are being sought by 25 June 2014.
The APVMA is seeking feedback from industry in relation to the draft legislative instrument to ensure it provides clear information and guidance to assist applicants through the registration process. From 1 July 2014 the online application will further support applicants to make multiple variation applications under item 13A (previously known as multi–14s).
This instrument is to commence on 1 July 2014.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Seeking comment on draft legislative instrument—prescribed relevant particulars – 25 June 2014
- Proposed variation to registration of Movento 240 SC Insecticide containing the approved active constituent spirotetramat – 25 June 2014
- Proposed variation to registration of Pintobi Attack™ Herbicide with IQ inside™ containing the approved active constituent glyphosate – 25 June 2014
- Proposed approval of—new veterinary active constituent—derquantel – 1 July 2014
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – 1 July 2014
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, Inactivated West Nile virus strain VM-2, and registration of the product Equivac WNV – 15 July 2014
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, G-Protein (sG) of Hendra Virus, and registration of the product Equivac HeV Hendra Virus Vaccine for Horses – 15 July 2014
- Preliminary review findings on the reconsideration of fenthion – 22 August 2014
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Boxer Gold Herbicide
- Hovex Vaporgard Moth Killer Paper
- Nominee Herbicide
- Regalis Plus Plant Growth Regulator
- Macspred Sulfomac 750 WG Herbicide
- Melpat Thiram 800 WG Fungicide
- Affirm Insecticide
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.