This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 12 December 2019. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18806
You are here
Regulatory update #188
Regulatory guidelines now available
Following the recent public consultation the draft regulatory guidelines have now been finalised. The revised guidelines are also available from our homepage and will come into place from 1 July 2014.
A range of changes have been made following the consultation, relating to both the content in the guidelines and the way it can be found and navigated. An overview of the changes is available on our website and we thank everyone who took the time to make submissions and provide us with feedback.
The guidelines have been designed to make the information you need easier to find, and we will continue to improve them. If you have any feedback, questions or concerns at any time, please let us know.
For more information about the guidelines and on getting ready for the changes from 1 July 2014—including training, frequently asked question and new application and payment tools, please visit our website.
APVMA releases fenthion review for final phase of consultation
The APVMA has released the preliminary review findings for the review of the insecticide fenthion and has proposed changes to the use and safety directions of fenthion products.
The APVMA proposes to cancel certain pest control products (including a cattle lice control product) and delete all horticultural uses except post-harvest treatment of inedible peel fruits. The proposal is open for public consultation until 22 August 2014.
Pre-application assistance—new tool released
Features of the new tool include:
- the ability to upload supporting information
- an online payment facility
- a system generated reference number
- your details are pre-filled if you are logged in to the portal.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposed approval of zinc borate 2335 to the list of active constituents not requiring evaluation – 3 June 2014
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – 3 June 2014
- Draft VICH GL53 2 Electronic File Format Guideline – 13 June 2014
- Preliminary review findings on the reconsideration of fenthion – 22 August 2014
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Macpherson Tribenuron-Methyl 750 WG Herbicide
- Yates Buffalopro Weed'n'feed
- Quantum Blue 5 G
- Terbyne Xtreme 875 WG Herbicide
- Unity 240 EW Herbicide
- Fluxia 750 Herbicide
- Maxforce Fusion Cockroach Gel
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.