This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 9 August 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18826
You are here
Regulatory update #182
Common questions from the information sessions
Information sessions on the draft regulatory guidelines are being conducted across Australian capital cities during February and March, to provide more detailed information. A list of commonly asked questions for these sessions has been published. Content is continually being developed and will be updated on a regular basis.
APVMA Compliance permit auditing
Auditing on APVMA issued permits has commenced and will continue until 30 June 2014.
The audits will focus on permits issued for a variety of circumstances and situations relating to agricultural chemical products. APVMA Compliance will conduct these audits as both desk-based and field-based audit activities.
Relevant permit holders (auditee) will be contacted by an APVMA Compliance officer who will outline the process. An audit report of each audit will be produced and made available to the auditee.
Further information on compliance auditing is available on our website.
Questions about this initiative may be directed to APVMA Compliance by email or phone: 1300 700 315.
APVMA publishes overview report on bee health and the use of neonicotinoids in Australia
The APVMA has completed a broad overview of issues relating to honeybee health in Australia, with a particular focus on the use of neonicotinoid insecticides.
During the preparation of this report, titled Overview Report—Neonicotinoids and the Health of Honeybees in Australia, we consulted with a wide range of stakeholders. In addition, we examined a large number of published scientific papers and reports as well as three published risk assessments on clothianidin, imidacloprid and thiamethoxam carried out by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
Department of Agriculture releases submissions on the consultation paper for the first-principles review of the APVMA's cost recovery arrangements
The Department of Agriculture has published public submissions (external site) on the consultation paper for the first-principles review of the cost recovery arrangements for the APVMA.
In November 2013, the Department of Agriculture released a consultation paper on cost recovery for various activities undertaken by the APVMA. The consultation paper analysed potential cost recovery options and invited stakeholders to comment on these or to suggest alternative options. Stakeholders were asked to comment by 21 February 2014.node/12916
For more information on the first-principles review—go to the Department of Agriculture website (external site). You may need to refresh your browser to view the submissions.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposed registration of a new product Silirum Vaccine – 6 March 2014
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – 11 March 2014
- Seeking comment on the APVMA draft regulatory guidelines – 31 March 2014
- Preliminary findings on the reconsideration of molinate – 6 April 2014
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Switch Fungicide
- Loveland Products Liberate Adjuvant
- Skin Care SK 23 Canine
- Covert Cockroach Gel Bait
- Arilon Insecticide
- Eurochem Metro 250 WP Insecticide
- Vetmedin 0.75 MG/ML Injectable Solution For Dogs
- Farmalinx Clop 600 Herbicide
- Mortein Peaceful Nights Mozzie Zapper Up To 30 Nights Protection Against Mosquitoes & Flies Odourless
- Tough Roundup Ready To Use Weedkiller
- Amistar Xtra Fungicide
- Farmalinx Sulfosulfuron 750 WG Herbicide
- Lifenet Mosquito Bed Net
- Boxer Gold Herbicide
- Mobility MC 28 Feline
- Hepatic HF 26 Feline
- Pest Control Insecticide Plus Ready To Use
- Nufarm Amicide Advance 700 Selective Herbicide
- Carprieve 100 MG Chewable Tablets For Dogs
- Carprieve 75 MG Chewable Tablets For Dogs
- Radial Fungicide
- Carprieve 25 MG Chewable Tablets For Dogs
- Adaptil Collar
- Axial 100 EC Selective Herbicide
- Radial Fungicide
- Enviromax Fipronil 100SC Termiticide & Insecticide
- Strap Turf Miticide
- Nufarm Weedmaster Duo Dual Salt Technology Herbicide
- Sinochem Cadim 400 WG Herbicide
- Evergol Xtend Seed Treatment
- 4Farmers Epoxiconazole 125 Fungicide
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.