This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 8 July 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18831
You are here
Regulatory update #181
Draft regulatory guidelines now available
New draft regulatory guidelines have been published and are available on a ‘new look’ and easier to use website which can be accessed from the APVMA homepage.
A formal consultation period on the guidelines has commenced and runs until 31 March 2014. Full details including how to make submissions are available on the consultation page.
Our website has also been updated to include a summary of what is changing and the range of support measures we are offering to help people prepare for the changes.
Background and more information is available here.
Closing soon: register now! Free information sessions
The APVMA will be holding free information sessions in February and March 2014 to provide an overview of the coming changes to the agricultural and veterinary chemicals legislation and the APVMA's business processes.
The new legislation makes amendments to the approval, registration, chemical review and compliance processes for agricultural and veterinary chemicals and is designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the current arrangements. Attend a session and find out how this will affect you.
Sessions are planned for capital cities, with some sessions filling quickly. More information including the online registration form is available here.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – 25 February 2014
- Proposed variation to registration of Milbeknock Miticide containing the approved active constituent milbemectin – 26 February 2014
- Draft VICH GL52 (Bioequivalence) Blood level Bioequivalence Study – 28 February 2014
- Seeking comment on the APVMA draft regulatory guidelines – 31 March 2014
- Preliminary findings on the reconsideration of molinate – 6 April 2014
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Mortein Multi Insect Killer Fast Knockdown
- Nufarm Nuprid 700WG Insecticide
- Higran Turf Miticide
- Bouncer Herbicide
- Covert Gold Cockroach Gel Bait
- Hotshot Herbicide
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.