This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 2 July 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18916
You are here
Regulatory update #178
Review of 2,4-D HVE completed
As part of the ongoing review of 2,4-D, the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) cancelled registration of 11 high volatile ester products (HVE) products and two active constituents on 21 August 2013.
The decision means:
- supply of the cancelled 2,4-D HVE active constituent was to cease on 21 August 2013
- from 31 August 2013 the supply of product containing 2,4-D HVE manufactured up to 21 August 2013 is to cease
- people can use products they have already purchased up until 31 August 2014 under the same permit instructions (PER14329) which restricts use to winter only and under strict conditions
- use of these products after 31 August 2014 will be illegal.
Registrants and approval holders were notified last month of the APVMA's intention to cancel the registration of the products and the active constituents used in the products. The DSEWPAC report was also published on the APVMA website in July 2013.
This action completes the review for the high volatile ester forms of 2,4-D.
Agency contracts over $100,000
The list of agency contracts entered into by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority, which have a value of $100,000 or more and which (a) have not been fully performed as at 1 July 2013 or (b) which have been entered into during the 12 months prior to 30 June 2013 has been published.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposed variation to registration of Paramite Selective Miticide containing the approved active constituent etoxazole – 2 September 2013
- Proposed registration of dirlotapide in the product Slentrol – 10 September 2013
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – 10 September 2013
- Proposed variation to registration of Affirm Insecticide containing the approved active constituent emamectin – 13 September 2013
- Proposed registration of Inactivated Porcine Circovirus Type 1–Type 2 Chimera in the product Relsure PCV – 24 September 2013
- Clarifying data requirements for herbicides used over the top of herbicide tolerant crops – 27 September 2013
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Altriset Termiticide
- Jubilee Loaded Fungicide
- Melpat Tribasic Liquid Flowable Copper Fungicide
- Cerenia Injectable Solution
- Sterigas 1000 Fumigant
- Interface Turf Fungicide
- Ultravac Scourshield Vaccine
- Nutrirob 1000 Anticoccidial Premix
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.