This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 11 May 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18976
You are here
Regulatory update #166
Chemical regulator considers action on fenamiphos
Following publication of a preliminary review findings report into fenamiphos, the APVMA proposes to take regulatory action on the chemical. The report finds that some uses of fenamiphos products may pose an undue risk to the environment and public health.
The preliminary review proposes some uses of fenamiphos on food crops should no longer be allowed, with an environmental risk assessment report highlighting a potentially unacceptable risk to birds, aquatic and terrestrial organisms.
Submissions and comments on the preliminary report are sought until 31 May 2013.
APVMA permits may assist farmers affected by floods
Agricultural producers operating under difficult circumstances may benefit from an APVMA issued emergency use permit. Emergency use permits can assist with crop protection where usual pest-control products are unable to be applied properly during altered environmental conditions, such as the recent widespread flooding in many parts of Queensland.
What chemicals are in your garden shed? Know the risks.
Home garden chemicals are assessed by the APVMA for effectiveness and safety before they can be registered. Once registered, these products must continue to be able to be used safely. If not, they may be reviewed and decisions made as to whether they are still able to be used, possibly with new restrictions or constraints.
Learn how to check your product is still registered and safe to use and ensure its safe use has not been impacted by usage restrictions.
Sheep and cattle ESIs updated
The list of export slaughter intervals (ESIs) for veterinary products used in sheep and cattle has been updated for February 2013.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposed registration of the active constituent flonicamid – 26 February 2013
- Revision to the standard for the active constituent thiacloprid – 26 February 2013
- Proposed variation to registration of Amistar 250 SC Fungicide containing the existing active constituent azoxystrobin – 28 February 2013
- Proposed registration of Biota orientalis seed oil extract in the product 4CYTE Equine with Epiitalis for Joint and Cartilage Matrix Support – 12 March 2013
- Proposed variation to registration of Balance 750 WG Herbicide containing the existing active constituent isoxaflutole – 20 March 2013
- Proposed variation to registration of Basta Non-Selective Herbicide containing the existing active constituent glufosinate-ammonium – 20 March 2013
- Proposed registration of a new product Piranha® Dip for Sheep containing the approved active constituent thiacloprid – 22 March 2013
- Preliminary findings on the reconsideration of fenamiphos – 31 May 2013
- It's important we get it right: developing our Risk Compendium – until further notice
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Maximus Plus Selenium Moxidectin Drench For Sheep
- Mortein Naturgard Auto Protect Outdoor Odourless
- Movento 240 SC Insecticide
- Farmoz Royale 400 SC Selective Herbicide
- Imtrade Tiger Gold 250 Herbicide
- Conserve* Grain Protector
- Cyflamid 50EW Fungicide
- Imtrade Tiger Gold 250 Herbicide
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.