This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 9 March 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18981
You are here
Regulatory update #165
APVMA mobile app ‘beefed’ up in Rockhampton
The APVMA’s mobile app, released in October 2012, puts the database of Australian registered agricultural and veterinary chemical products in the hands, literally, of users and regulatory professionals. Already more than 2000 users have downloaded the app and we are well on the way to a second release version in the coming months.
On Tuesday 12 February, our public affairs director, Susan Whitbread, presented the app to a workshop for beef producers in the Rockhampton region, titled ‘Farming apps to make life easier’. The workshop was hosted by the Fitzroy Basin Association and we would like to acknowledge their support in providing us this opportunity to broaden awareness about the app. Workshop participants were shown how to get information on registered chemicals, as well as chemicals that are cancelled or suspended. They were also given a sneak preview of the new module, currently being developed, which will let users access our permits database.
Record of approved active constituents for February 2013
The record for approved active constituents for chemical products have been updated for February 2013.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposed registration of the active constituent flonicamid – 26 February 2013
- Revision to the standard for the active constituent thiacloprid – 26 February 2013
- Proposed variation to registration of Amistar 250 SC Fungicide containing the existing active constituent azoxystrobin – 28 February 2013
- Proposed registration of Biota orientalis seed oil extract in the product 4CYTE Equine with Epiitalis for Joint and Cartilage Matrix Support – 12 March 2013
- It's important we get it right: developing our Risk Compendium – until further notice
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Eco-Oil Miticide/Insecticide Botanical Oil Concentrate
- Gramoxone 250 Herbicide
- Mortein Control Bomb Household Protection
- Ultimate Brush Weed Herbicide
- Cogito Fungicide
- Sashas Flexi Medicated Bites for Joint Health
- Ilium Methadone Injection
- Emblem Fungicide
- Evergol Prime Seed Treatment
- Nufarm Astound Duo Insecticide
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.