This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 8 December 2019. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/18991
You are here
Regulatory update #192
New APVMA website and online services
The new APVMA website and online application and payment tools went live on 1 July 2014. You can access the new website from the usual address (www.apvma.gov.au) and the new tools can be found in the online services section of our website.
Using the new online application tool
On 1 July 2014 we launched a new online application tool which replaced EARS. If you were already registered as an EARS user your access and details were automatically transferred to the new tool on 1 July 2014. Your username is your old EARS username and you should have received a new password through the post in May 2014. If you do not have the new password or you are a new user please email us.
Primary and secondary applications
The website now includes regulatory guidance on primary and secondary applications.
Note: Label extensions will be considered as secondary applications if they are included in the Item 27 application with the primary product (active constituent) and are included in the work plan. Modifications to the work plan over time will be possible with agreement from both the applicant and the APVMA.
Prescribed particulars variations
The legislative instrument which sets out the relevant particulars that, due to their largely mechanical and administrative nature, the APVMA considers appropriate to be subject to the streamlined process for variation, is now available.
Questions and answers
See frequently asked questions about the changes. If you can’t find the information you are looking for here, or if you need clarity, please email us.
Changes to the Regulatory Update
From 1 July 2014 back issues of the APVMA Regulatory Update will no longer be available on our website. However, this email version of the update will continue.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, Inactivated West Nile virus strain VM-2, and registration of the product Equivac WNV – 15 July 2014
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, G-Protein (sG) of Hendra Virus, and registration of the product Equivac HeV Hendra Virus Vaccine for Horses – 15 July 2014
- Preliminary review findings on the reconsideration of fenthion – 22 August 2014
Advice summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the advice summaries content on our website.
- Diptex 150 WP Insect Growth Regulator
- Switch Fungicide
- Selovin LA Long Acting Selenium Injection For Cattle And Sheep
- Tweak Yield & Quality Enhancer
- AC Impressor 350 Soil Insecticide
- Nufarm Weedmaster DST Dual Salt Technology Herbicide
Application summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the application summaries content on our website.