This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 18 May 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/19001
You are here
Regulatory update #194
Version 2 released—updates to new online tools and systems
A number of ‘bug’ fixes were released on 21 July 2014 in version 2 of our new online services. These include:
- updates allowing all online applications to be printable by the applicant—some application items previously would not print
- improved functionality for application items 15, 16, 17 and 8L, which now gives you the ability to suspend one application to start another, as can already be done for all other items
- adding the ability to set a ‘Label Name’ that is different to an existing product name in an application
- updating the item 8L application to allow you to ‘auto fill’ the product numbers.
We are committed to addressing any bugs that are identified in our new online systems as quickly as possible. Your ongoing feedback on any problems you are having helps us to continue to improve these systems to ensure they work for the people who use them.
If you have questions or concerns please check our frequently asked questions. If you cannot find the information you need there, please email us.
Australian Government consultation on control measures for the 84 toxic chemicals of security concern
The Australian Government is calling for public submissions on draft policy options to reduce national security risks posed by 84 chemicals that can be used to make toxic weapons. This consultation is being managed through the Attorney-General’s Department and is not related to any APVMA reviews of chemical registrations under the Agvet Code.
The consultation is relevant to importers, distributors, transporters, universities, hospitals, local councils, farmers, pest controllers, hardware stores and any other business that manufactures, handles or uses any of the 84 toxic chemicals of security concern. Have your say on the proposed measures.
The public consultation closes on 27 August 2014.
Questions and answers
See frequently asked questions about the changes. If you can’t find the information you are looking for here, or if you need clarity, please email us.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
Advice summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the advice summaries content on our website.
- Intersmooth 7460HS SPC Antifouling
- Nufarm Phostrol 500 Systemic Fungicide
- Sucromate Equine Deslorelin Acetate Sterile Suspension
- Wellfarm Sulfosulfuron 750 WG Herbicide
- Eco-Fungicide Home Garden Fungicide Ready To Use
- Crop Care Sentry Herbicide
- Nobivac Tricat
- Crop Care Sentry Herbicide
- Websters Bovine Ephemeral Fever Vaccine (Living)
- Arsenal Super Herbicide
- Mosbar Mosquito Repellent Roll-On
- Mosbar Mosquito & Sandfly Repellent Bar
- Milbeknock Miticide
- Titan Azoxystrobin Extra Fungicide
Application summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the application summaries content on our website.