This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 11 July 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/19021
You are here
Regulatory update #163
New CEO appointed
The Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Senator Joe Ludwig, today announced the appointment of Ms Kareena Arthy as the APVMA’s new chief executive officer.
Outgoing CEO, Dr Eva Bennet-Jenkins, congratulates Ms Arthy on her appointment. 'I leave my role as CEO at the end of 2012 with the knowledge that the authority will be in good hands. Ms Arthy will be supported by a unified, committed and innovative executive and a team of dedicated staff. The authority has a solid history of responding to challenge and change and is in good shape going forward.
Ms Arthy’s appointment is for five years from 1 January 2013. Until she starts work in late January, APVMA’s Veterinary Medicines Program Manager, Dr Allen Bryce, will act as chief executive officer.
Maximum Residue Limits (MRL) tables for December 2012
The Maximum Residue Limits Standard tables for agricultural and veterinary chemicals in food and animal feedstuff have been updated for December 2012.
Closing Friday: last chance to have your say on APVMA communication and client service
Government reforms seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the current regulatory process for agvet chemicals. As part of our preparation for the anticipated legislative change, we are undertaking market research to better understand what 'efficiency' and 'effectiveness' mean when it comes to our client service and communication with you.
We invite all our stakeholders to complete a simple survey that will help us improve our communication and client service.
The survey should only take 15 minutes. Help us deliver the benefits of more efficient regulation to business and the community.
Complete the online survey.
Feel free to share this link (http://survey.ysquar.es/ys/Y120828E) with others who you think would like to have their say. The survey will close Friday 21 December 2012.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – 9 January 2013
- Clarifying data requirements for herbicides used in genetically-modified crops – 28 January 2013
- Proposed variation to registration of Sinker Fungicide containing the existing active constituent flutriafol – 31 January 2013
- Proposed registration of the new active cyflufenamid in the product Cyflamid 50EW Fungicide – 31 January 2013
- It's important we get it right: developing our Risk Compendium – until further notice
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Farmalinx Warlord 540 Hi-Load Herbicide
- Hymenopthor Magnetic Ant Killer with Magthanite
- Concentrate Tough Roundup Weedkiller
- Distance Plus Ant Bait
- Du-Wett Low Volume Application Spreader
- Vacsol Azure Concentrate Wood Preservative
- Zampro Fungicide
- Imtrade Avatar 900 EC Herbicide
- Systemic Advanced Control Yates Rose Shield Advanced Insect, Mite & Disease Control
- Felimazole 5 MG Coated Tablet
- Vaxsafe St Vaccine
- Strikeforce Spray-On Sheep Blowfly Treatment
- Antipam Injection
- Preminator Termiticide
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.