This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 9 July 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/19046
You are here
Regulatory update #147
New Compliance and Enforcement Framework signals progress on Risk Compendium
The APVMA has released the third in a series of seven frameworks that make up Volume 1 of the Risk Compendium – the Compliance and Enforcement Framework.
The Compliance and Enforcement Framework outlines how we apply our current legislative powers and introduces the range of new compliance and enforcement powers proposed through the Australian Government’s Better Regulation reform agenda.
We are delivering reform through open and constructive engagement with our stakeholders. We believe it’s important that we are clear about what you can expect from the APVMA when it comes to enforcing agvet chemical laws. That’s why we invite you to download the framework and provide your feedback to us.
APVMA cost recovery consultation response summary now available
Following submissions received from stakeholders on the Cost Recovery Discussion Paper the APVMA has released a consultation response summary.
Published in December 2011, the discussion paper invited submissions from industry and other parties to inform development of interim cost recovery arrangements for the APVMA from 2012–15.
Feedback on the discussion paper highlighted legitimate stakeholder concerns. In response, the APVMA held further discussions with stakeholders on specific issues and has made certain adjustments to proposals contained in the discussion paper as follows:
- the APVMA has decided not to continue with some proposals
- other proposals are being revised with additional industry consultation.
Full submissions along with the consultation response summary can be found on the APVMA website.
Maximum Residue Limits (MRL) tables for April 2012
The Maximum Residue Limits Standard tables for agricultural and veterinary chemicals in food and animal feedstuff have been updated for April 2012.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- the Proposed variation to registration of Affirm Insecticide containing the existing active constituent emamectin until 26 April 2012
- the Review of diazinon to include Eureka Gold OP Spray-on Off-Shears Sheep Lice Treatment until 27 April 2012
- the Proposed registration of the new active prosulfuron in the product Casper Turf Herbicide until 8 May 2012
- the Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code until 8 May 2012
- the Proposed variation to registration of Prosaro 420 SC Foliar Fungicide containing the existing active constituents prothioconazole and tebuconazole until 10 May 2012
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Elantra Xtreme Herbicide
- Melpat Coppox Wg Agricultural Fungicide/Bactericide
- Milbeknock Miticide
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.