This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 6 March 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/19071
You are here
Regulatory update #149
Building blocks for the future—APVMA's Risk Compendium
It's important that we are clear about what you can expect from the APVMA when it comes to dealing with us as a regulator both now and into the future. One measure proposed under the Better Regulation reforms is the publication of the comprehensive risk framework—known as the Risk Compendium. The compendium describes the policies and processes used by the APVMA to assess and manage risk across our regulatory activities. Your feedback on those documents already released in the compendium can be provided to the APVMA at any time during the reform process.
We're working to improve label access in PUBCRIS
We are working with industry organisation, Growcom, to improve the availability of electronic labels directly from our chemical registration database, PUBCRIS. Under the new arrangements Growcom will contact registrants to source an electronic copy of the manufacturer's printed label where possible. Where registrants provide Growcom with an electronic copy of their labels, the files will be linked to the product registration details in PUBCRIS allowing seamless access over the web. We encourage registrants to provide electronic copies of labels to Growcom when requested.
Thanks for supporting our Twitter channel
Since the last Regulatory Update when we pondered who would sign up to become APVMA's 100th follower, we have increased our total number of followers to 109. Thank you to everyone who's supporting us on Twitter as we work to build our networks and encourage a broader community understanding of the work we do. We encourage feedback on how we can continue to build and better use this channel—and we are quite shameless in asking for your help in making others aware of our account and getting them to join up as well!
Chlorantraniliprole trade advice notice re-issued
On 10 May 2012, we issued an amended Trade Advice Notice relating to an application to vary the use of the existing registered product Du Pont Coragen Insecticide, containing the existing active constituent chlorantraniliprole (APVMA Product number P61519). This Trade Advice Notice was reissued to correct an editorial error for a proposed maximum residue level (MRL) in FM 0183 milk fats from 0.03 to 0.1 mg/kg (page 7). This editorial error does not affect the risk profile discussed in the TAN. We apologise for this error and invite affected parties to contact us if they are concerned about this amendment or the consultation period.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Seeking input into the APVMA's Operational Plan 2012-13 - until 18 May 2012
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code - until 18 May 2012
- Proposed variation to registration of Du Pont Coragen Insecticide containing the existing active chlorantraniliprole - until 21 May 2012
- Proposed variation to registration of Axial 100 EC Selective Herbicide containing the existing active constituents Pinoxaden and Cloquintocet-Mexyl - until 25 May 2012
- Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code - until 5 June 2012
- Proposed registration of the new active propylene oxide in the product Dibbs Progas Fumigant - until 6 June 2012
- We're listening: a new communication and consultation policy for the APVMA – until further notice
Release of our draft communication and consultation policy has been delayed, but we are more than happy to receive ongoing feedback about what's important to you and how we can communicate and keep you informed about those issues.
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Termcoat Sealant Termite Surface Barrier
- Lontrel Advanced Herbicide
- Family Protection Aerogard Tropical 8 8 Hours Protection Insect Repellent Effective In Areas Of Intense Insect Activity
- Sharpen Wg Herbicide
- Dupont Marlin Insecticide
- Natrozol Powder - A Source Of Gamma Oryzanol For Horses
- NV Natrozol Forte Powder - A Source Of Creatine, Gamma Oryzanol And Chromium For Horses
- Phantom Insecticide
- Vivus Max Helicoverpa Biocontrol
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.