This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 5 July 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/19106
You are here
Regulatory update #154
Is your product still registered?
If the registration of a chemical product ends and is not renewed, the APVMA must publish details in the Gazette.
A list of more than 350 products whose registration has not been renewed for the financial year 2012–13 was published in the APVMA Gazette #15, Tuesday 31 July 2012, under the title ‘Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Act 1994 Section 54 Notice—End of Registrations of Chemical Products’. This notice outlines instructions for possession, having custody of, using or otherwise dealing with the products and provides advice on late applications for renewing product registration.
Community Consultative Committee meeting—July 2012
The Community Consultative Committee (CCC) met in Canberra on 7 July 2012 and discussed a range of issues to help continue building a bridge between the community and our national agvet chemical regulator. A summary of this meeting has now been published.
The topics under discussion covered:
- new ways of communicating and how this may impact the future of the CCC itself
- better ways of raising community awareness about the risks of using arsenic-treated timber products
- community accessibility to the Risk Compendium—a suite of documents currently being developed to assist stakeholders to better understand the APVMA’s regulatory environment and details how the APVMA plans to operationalize the Better Regulation legislative reforms.
Upon her retirement from the CCC, the committee also thanked Dr Heather Yeatman for her role and leadership in chairing the CCC over the last four years. Mrs Heather Wieland, a 2012 Queen’s Birthday Honour Awards recipient for service to women and their families living in rural and regional areas will become the next chair of the CCC.
Corporate and operational plans published in HTML
The APVMA's key planning documents are now available on our website in HTML format, a result of APVMA’s commitment to adhering to government accessibility guidelines.
Key objectives covered in the APVMA Corporate Plan 2012–15 are the integration of the government's proposed legislative reforms for agvet chemical regulation into 'business as usual' and the implementation of new technologies to improve business operations and efficiency.
The APVMA Operational Plan 2012–13 sets out the actions needed to achieve the objectives in the corporate plan. This is the first under the new three-year corporate plan and it aims to give practical effect to the government's reform agenda for agvet chemicals.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Proposed variation to registration of Ecopar Forte Herbicide containing the existing active constituent pyraflufen-ethyl – until 7 August 2012
- Proposed variation to registration of Cruiser Force Insecticide Seed Treatment containing the existing active constituents thiamethoxam and lambda-cyhalothrin – until 28 August 2012
- Extension to the scope of the current fipronil review – until 31 August 2012
- It's important we get it right: developing our Risk Compendium – until further notice
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- Dupont Talendo Fungicide
- Reliven Injection
- Richgro Slater Killa
- Pigeon Anti-Mosquito Wet Tissues
- Imtrade Bifenthrin Ultra 300 EC Insecticide
- Troy Butaphosphan Injection
- Term-Seal Ura-Fen Shield Termite And Waterproof Barrier
- Vetafarm Avimec Scaly Face Mite Treatment For Budgerigars
- Agricrop Prolan 500 Herbicide
- Farmoz Rotary Max Herbicide
- Instrata Turf Fungicide
- Philabuster 400 Sc Janssen Fungicide Suspension Concentrate
- Term-Seal Ura-Fen Active Termite Barrier
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.