This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 6 March 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/19581
You are here
Regulatory update #222
Reports of spray drift damage to cotton
The APVMA has received reports of herbicide damage to cotton crops this season, as well as isolated reports of damage to vineyards, possibly due to applying herbicides when surface temperature inversion conditions are present.
The APVMA is not taking specific regulatory action at this time. However, given the adverse experiences being reported, we are reminding people to read product labels carefully and apply chemicals according to the prevailing conditions.
More information, including the complete article, is available on our website.
Reminder: please help us to improve our communication
As part of our back-to-basics approach to continuous improvement we are keen to understand how the APVMA can better communicate with you.
Please complete this short survey [survey now closed] about the regulatory update and other communication products, and help us to better meet your needs.
Reminder: website and online services review
We are undertaking a major review of our website and online application services and we need volunteers from a range of business profiles for one-on-one discussions. Please email us to register your interest in being a participant. Numbers are limited, so please register now if you would like to participate.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 26 January 2016
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, oxathiapiprolin and registration of the product DuPont Zorvec Enicade Fungicide – until 29 January 2016
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent, rabbit haemorrhagic disease virus, 08Q712 strain and registration of the product RHDV K5 – until 29 January 2016
- Establishing an Australian crop grouping list – until 31 January 2016
- Seeking input on the contestability of the efficacy assessment – until 1 February 2016
- Proposed use of Trivor Insecticide, containing acetamiprid and pyriproxyfen on citrus fruit – until 5 February 2016
- Proposed use of Fyfanon 440 EW Insecticide containing maldison, in pome fruit and stone fruit – until 5 February 2016
- Proposed use of Success Neo Insecticide, containing spinetoram, in pulses, sorghum, cotton and forage brassicas – until 5 February 2016
- Public Release Summary on the evaluation of Fenpyrazamine in the product Prolectus Fungicide – until 9 February 2016
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 9 February 2016
- APVMA Compliance and Enforcement Strategy 2015–17 – until 10 February 2016
- Request for comments and suggestions—efficacy criteria– until 12 February 2016
- APVMA Regulatory Science Strategy – until 17 February 2016