This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 8 December 2019. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/20171
You are here
Regulatory update #231
Proposed changes to omethoate safety and use instructions
The APVMA is proposing changes to the instructions for use of products containing omethoate following a review of the scientific data.
A comprehensive review of a variety of scientific data and use pattern information, along with analysis of submissions from growers and industry, has now been completed by the APVMA and the proposed regulatory decision report has been released for public comment.
First trilateral joint review for Metacam
A trilateral joint review by Health Canada, the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority and the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries means a new use for pain relief in sheep for the veterinary drug Metacam has now been approved.
Visit our website for more information.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent fosthiazate – until 17 May 2016
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent amisulbrom – until 17 May 2016
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent topramezone – until 17 May 2016
- Proposed approval of Live aroA-gene deleted Escherichia coli, type O78, strain EC34195 and the registration of Poulvac E.coli – until 17 May 2016
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 31 May 2016
- Seeking stakeholder input on two user guides for the use of international data, assessments, standards and decisions – until 3 June 2016
- Omethoate proposed regulatory decisions report – until 4 August 2016