This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 8 December 2019. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/20421
You are here
Regulatory update #235
Updated advice for industry—Federal Court decision involving reference products
The Federal Court decision on 10 June 2016 confirmed the importance of the APVMA’s obligations to appropriately protect confidential commercial information (CCI) about a reference product when assessing product registration applications.
The APVMA has updated its advice for industry on the processes for applications and will be holding discussions with industry during August 2016. See the full update here.
Efficacy contestability pilot
An efficacy contestability pilot will determine whether data assessment can be moved to the private sector and consider:
- efficiencies for APVMA and industry
- quality decision-making for registration and variation applications.
Please contact the Efficacy Assessment Coordinator if you have questions or want to participate.
Report active constituent data
The APVMA has resumed collection of data for active constituents imported, manufactured and exported—commencing with the financial year 2015–16.
An online reporting system has been set up for industry to enter the details online.
Reporting for the 2015–16 year is required by the end of September 2016.
Legislative changes taking effect 1 July 2016
Two legislative changes to support variations to non-active constituents in registered chemical products come into effect on 1 July 2016.
There is now a manual process for Interchangeable constituent determination which allows for the interchange of non-active constituents in a chemical product or across a class of chemical products.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
- Proposed approval of triptorelin acetate and registration of the product Elanco Ovugel (Triptorelin Acetate) gel for intravaginal use in sows – until 12 July 2016
- Proposed registration of Amicus Blue Fungicide containing the new active constituent amisulbrom – until 26 July 2016
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 26 July 2016
- Omethoate proposed regulatory decisions report – until 4 August 2016