This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 14 June 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/20826
You are here
Quarterly report: July–September 2016
Timeframe performance is improving
Timeframe performance for pesticides and veterinary products is at 83 per cent overall—significantly higher than the 2015–16 average of 66 per cent—which reflects a significant improvement in timeframe performance for pesticide products.
Timeframe performance: products
Work-in-progress is up this quarter, largely due to a higher than expected number of pesticide applications received in the September quarter. Of the total number of applications in progress at the end of September, 79 per cent are within legislative timeframes.
The average duration for applications continues to be variable across item types but overall has remained steady as we continue to build on our systems and process improvements.
Average duration (months) to finalise an application
The APVMA prepares statistical reports of its performance in undertaking its regulatory obligations.
The APVMA presents statistics on a range of areas, including:
- chemical product registration
- active ingredient approvals
- permits issued
- veterinary manufacturer licensing and auditing
- preliminary assessment and pre-application assistance.
The report includes:
- the number of applications commenced and finalised
- the proportion of applications finalised within legislative timeframes
- work-in-progress at the end of the time period.
We value your feedback to improve reporting
on future quarters