This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 5 July 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/20926
You are here
Regulatory update #242
Performance statistics: July–September 2016
Timeframe performance for pesticides and veterinary products is at 83 per cent overall—significantly higher than the 2015–16 average of 66 per cent—which reflects a significant improvement in timeframe performance for pesticide products.
Work-in-progress is also up this quarter and is largely due to a higher than expected number of pesticide applications received in this quarter.
Of the total number of applications in progress at the end of September 2016, 79 per cent are within legislative timeframes.
View detailed data and analysis of performance over this quarter.
Annual Report 2015–16 tabled
On Friday 28 October 2016 we tabled the annual report of our work for the 2015–16 year. During this year we focused on reducing the regulatory burden on industry through lower regulatory approaches and taking a user-centred approach to designing systems and processes for both industry and our own people.
We continued to build on our scientific excellence and contributed to national and international forums to ensure that considerations for safety, access and use of agvet chemicals in Australia are world class.
Read or download the APVMA annual report 2015–16.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
- Proposed approval of clodronate disodium tetrahydrate and the registration of Osphos 51 mg/ml Solution for Injection for Horses – until 1 November 2016
- Proposed approval of terbinafine and registration of the product Osurnia Ear Gel for Dogs – until 1 November 2016
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 1 November 2016
- Proposal to use New Zealand registration for Australian companion animal veterinary chemicals – until 4 November 2016
- Proposed approval of the new active constituent sarolaner and registration of Simparica Chews for Dogs – until 15 November 2016
- Proposed approval of sometribove zinc and registration of the product Elanco Posilac – until 29 November 2016
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 29 November 2016
- Proposal not to place glyphosate under formal reconsideration – until 30 December 2016
- Dimethoate proposed regulatory decisions report – until 27 January 2017
- Revision to the standard for the active constituent dimethoate – until 27 January 2017