This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 8 December 2019. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/26291
You are here
Regulatory update #244
Wrap-up and videos from Canberra Industry Information and Education Session
Over 180 people attended the most recent two-day Industry Information and Education session in Canberra on 8–9 November 2016.
On the first day participants heard from a range of experts—exploring themes around regulatory science and innovation in the global context—day two focused on updates from across the APVMA.
Video recordings of a range of the presentations from both days are available on the APVMA’s YouTube channel.
Dates for future sessions will be published in early 2017.
Streamlining the payment process
The APVMA has commenced introducing an option to pay the full fee at the time an application is submitted.
At the moment this is only available for some application types and will be progressively implemented for all application types over the next few months.
A notice on the Online Services Portal will identify which items have this option available—if an item is not listed, it isn’t available yet.
If you have any questions please contact the APVMA enquiries team on +61 2 6210 4701 or by email.
Reminder—efficacy contestability pilot
The APVMA is running a pilot to determine the feasibility of moving the function of conducting or commissioning a data assessment from the APVMA to the private sector.
The pilot aims to identify and rectify any potential issues and demonstrate whether the proposed process can increase the efficiency of application processing. If you are interested in participating in the pilot, please contact the Efficacy Assessment Coordinator.
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
- Proposed approval of the active constituent fluopicolide and registration of the product Infinito SC Fungicide – until 13 December 2016
- New active novaluron in the product Cormoran Insecticide – until 13 December 2016
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 13 December 2016
- Flonicamid in the product Mainman 500 WG Insecticide – until 14 December 2016
- New active clitoria ternatea extract in the product Sero-X Insecticide – until 27 December 2016
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 27 December 2016
- Proposal not to place glyphosate under formal reconsideration – until 30 December 2016
- Zolvix Monepantel Broad Spectrum Oral Anthelmintic for Cattle – until 6 January 2017
- Dimethoate proposed regulatory decisions report – until 27 January 2017
- Revision to the standard for the active constituent dimethoate – until 27 January 2017