This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 9 December 2019. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/26346
You are here
Regulatory update #245
Waiver period extended for eligible veterinary active constituent applications
For those veterinary active constituent applications which meet the scope of the vet actives project, we have extended the period to waive, partially waive or refund fees associated with Item 17 and 18 applications until the end of June 2017.
For more information please contact the Veterinary Actives team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 6210 4984.
Globally harmonized system of classification and labelling
The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling (GHS) for agvet chemical products is a single internationally agreed system of chemical classification and hazard communication through labelling and safety data sheets.
The work health and safety legislation requires that, from 1 January 2017, all agvet chemical products be labelled in accordance with the GHS. This includes statements relating to the intrinsic hazards of the product, in addition to relevant label particulars required by the APVMA.
For more information, visit our website.
Our office will be closed from 5 pm AEDT Friday 23 December 2016, and will re-open for business on Tuesday 3 January 2017.
The website and APVMA online services will be available, however we will not respond to phone and email queries during this period.
For urgent enquiries please contact Stefanie Janiec, the Chief Operating Officer, on 0409 489 794.
We would like to wish all of you a happy and safe holiday season—see you in 2017!
Help and assistance
Reminder—open for public consultation
- New active clitoria ternatea extract in the product Sero-X Insecticide– until 27 December 2016
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code – until 27 December 2016
- Proposal not to place glyphosate under formal reconsideration – until 30 December 2016
- Zolvix Monepantel Broad Spectrum Oral Anthelmintic for Cattle – until 6 January 2017
- Proposed approval of a new active constituent metazachlor and registration of the product Butisan Herbicide – until 10 January 2017
- Dimethoate proposed regulatory decisions report – until 27 January 2017
- Revision to the standard for the active constituent dimethoate – until 27 January 2017