This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 2 March 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/26996
You are here
Regulatory Update #252
Welcome to Dr Chris Parker
Last week we welcomed our interim Chief Executive Officer, Dr Chris Parker to the APVMA. Dr Parker has over 30 years’ experience working in the agricultural and veterinary fields, combined with extensive government experience. He has held a number of senior executive positions in agricultural policy divisions in the Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry dealing with biosecurity service delivery, regulatory policy and operational delivery, and broader departmental policy. Most recently Chris has led work in the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources to regulate plant exports and improve export access through reducing technical barriers to trade.
Dr Parker brings a wealth of experience and expertise that will take the APMVA forward for the next phase of our journey. We look forward to supporting him to achieve this.
Efficacy Contestability pilot extended
The date for submission of applications to be considered in the Efficacy Contestability Pilot has been extended by 12 months. The new due date is 30 June 2018.
If you have an application you'd like included in the pilot please contact the Efficacy Assessment Coordinator at APVMA.email@example.com or phone 02 6210 4778.
Waiver period extended for eligible veterinary active constituents applications
The APVMA has extended the period to waive, partially waive or refund fees associated with the item 17 and 18 applications for veterinary active constituents outlined below until the end of January 2018.
- Where the Holder of a registered veterinary product is requesting approval of their active constituent (an item 17 application full fee waiver $3155).
- Where the Holder of an approved active constituent is requesting an additional site of manufacture for their active constituent with no changes to the manufacturing standard, composition or purity of the active constituent (an item 18 application full fee waiver $2465).
- When an applicant is requesting approval of an active constituent which is manufactured to a pharmacopoeia standard, with limited application data available and has no currently registered products (an item 17 application partial fee waiver $2445, the amount of $710 is payable).
For more information on the veterinary active constituent application fee waiver process, and the Veterinary Actives Project please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 6210 4984.
Join our team
We are recruiting for regulatory scientists and suitably qualified professionals for various roles in our agency. At the APVMA we are committed to personal development and want great people to be involved in our journey to develop the agency as a technology-driven world leader in regulatory science.
We’re looking for people with scientific, agricultural or veterinary qualifications and experience to assess and manage risks to people and the environment from the use of agricultural and veterinary chemicals. We’re also recruiting for positions in our administrative areas, corporate services, legal, quality assurance and compliance programs.
Applications close on 25 June 2017.
Reminder—open for public consultation
We regularly seek input throughout chemical registration and review processes, and other operational and regulatory processes. We're currently seeking input on these two open consultations:
- Tebuconazole in the product Genfarm Tebuconazole 430 Fungicide for use on wheat, oats and barley, faba beans, mung beans and soya beans—to 12 June 2017.
- New Active Streptomyces lydicus WYEC108 in the Product Actinovate BioFungicide—to 13 June 2017.
- Proposal to amend Schedule 20 of the revised Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code—to 13 June 2017.
- Phone our general enquiries number: +61 2 6210 4701
- Email: email@example.com
- Our mailing address is:
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
PO Box 6182
Kingston, Australian Capital Territory 2604