This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 28 January 2021. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/32351
You are here
Methiocarb Proposed Regulatory Decisions
This consultation closed on 30 November 2018.
The methiocarb Proposed Regulatory Decisions report was published on 27 August 2018 for a three month consultation period.
After consideration of all data and assessments, the APVMA concluded that the use of methiocarb according to its current instructions for use does not meet the safety criteria listed in sections 5A of the Agvet Code for continued registration and approval.
The APVMA proposes the following regulatory actions:
- Affirm active constituents approvals of methiocarb;
- Vary the relevant particulars of registrations and label approvals of methiocarb products to delete, add or amend certain use patterns, amend safety directions and first aid instructions, add restraint statements and amend withholding periods;
- Affirm these product registrations once the relevant particulars and conditions have been varied;
- Cancel all previous product label approvals that are not consistent with the review outcomes; and
- Allow a one-year phase-out period for the continued supply and use of registered products bearing the earlier approved labels.
Invitation for submissions
The Proposed Regulatory Decisions report is now available and submissions are invited from interested parties. The closing date for submissions is COB Friday 30 November 2018.
The public, industry and interested parties are invited to provide written submissions on the proposed decisions for the reconsideration. The APVMA will consider those comments when making the final decisions for the methiocarb review.
Preparing your comments for submission
When making your comments:
- clearly identify the issue and clearly state your point of view
- give reasons for your comments, supporting them, if possible, with relevant information and indicating the source of the information you have used
- suggest to the APVMA any alternative solution you may have for the issue.
Please structure your comments in point form, referring each point to the relevant section in the report.
All submissions to the APVMA will be acknowledged in writing via email or by post.
When making a submission please include:
- contact name
- company or group name (if relevant)
- postal address
- email address (if available)
- the date you made the submission.
Note that all submissions received are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982, the Privacy Act 1988 and the Agvet Codes. All personal and confidential commercial information (CCI) material contained in submissions will be treated confidentially. (A full definition of ‘confidential commercial information’ is contained in the Agvet Code
The closing date for submissions is COB Friday 30 November 2018.
Submissions can be sent to:
Director, Chemical Review
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
PO Box 6182
KINGSTON ACT 2604
Telephone: +61 2 6210 4749 Fax: +61 2 6210 4776