This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 2 October 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/59726
You are here
Statement from the CEO
For personal reasons I have decided to resign as the Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA). I will continue as CEO until a replacement commences. The position will be filled as soon as possible, following a merit-based and transparent selection process.
It has been a privilege and honour to lead the APVMA over the last two and a half years and I am grateful for the work of all staff, both past and present, for the work they have done to achieve some significant milestones and improvements in the organisation including:
- the successful relocation of the APVMA to Armidale
- ongoing and sustained continuous improvement in the APVMA’s timeframe performance and a reduction in the average time to process applications
- continuing improvement in the timeframe performance of more complex applications
- significant improvements in the efficiency of APVMA assessments, including maximising the use of international data
- clearing a significant backlog of outstanding applications
- stabilising and modernising the APVMA’s ICT infrastructure
- continuing the work to set the APVMA on the path to ongoing financial sustainability.
I particularly want to thank my executive. Their work and leadership has been integral to driving improvements in the organisation. The APVMA is in a strong position to continue providing world class agvet chemical regulation with dedicated and enthusiastic staff who are a credit to themselves and the Australian Public Service.
Dr Chris Parker
Chief Executive Officer