This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 29 June 2016. A current copy is located at http://apvma.gov.au/node/11191
You are here
Industry Information and Education Sessions
The APVMA holds regular information and education sessions to ensure stakeholders are:
- kept up to date on improvements to the chemical registration process
- briefed on important issues of interest, and
- provided with an opportunity to ask questions and to participate in discussion.
In 2016 we will hold two events:
- Melbourne, 9 May 2016 (registrations are now closed)
- Canberra September/October (date to be confirmed).
These events will be promoted through our Regulatory update newsletter and directly to past participants.
Note: There will be no event held in Sydney this year and Sydney-based participants are encouraged to attend either Melbourne or Canberra. Plenty of places are available for the Melbourne event to be held on 9 May 2016 and the Canberra event will be held in September/October—details to come.
Registrations are now closed for Melbourne.
Note: We expect to hold an information session in Sydney in the first half of 2017.
The program is refreshed for each session to ensure topics remain current, and that they reflect the feedback we receive from previous sessions.
Each event aims to cover areas of interest around the application and registration processes and related topics. The Canberra event is generally a two-day event where one of the days is devoted to a regulatory science theme—in 2015 we focused on new approaches to risk assessment.
Key areas for the May 2016 session will be:
- APVMA priorities update
- application and registration updates, understanding the statutory criteria, predictability in getting a decision, primary and secondary applications changes
- enhancing the user experience through improved online services and guiding information on the APVMA website
- updates on our lower regulatory approach initiatives to more quickly register certain agvet chemical products
- updates from Compliance, Manufacturing Quality and Licensing and Office of the Chief Scientist.
The full program for the May 2016 event will be available closer to the date.
If you have any feedback about past events or suggestions for future events please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Video presentations from the 2015 Canberra session
A range of presentations from day one (15 October 2015) of the Canberra Industry Information and Education sessions are now available on the APVMA YouTube channel, with transcripts also available. The presentations formed part of a special science feature session which focused on new approaches to risk assessment. We will continue to add new videos to this channel as they become available.
View more information on the program and the speakers from this event.
- Industry Information and Education Sessions in Canberra, 15–16 October 2015
- Industry Information and Education Sessions in Melbourne, 17 August 2015
- Industry Information and Education Sessions in Sydney, 1 June 2015
- APVMA Advisory Board Futures Forum 2014
- APVMA Nanotechnology Regulation Symposium 2014