This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 25 May 2017. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/20196
You are here
Questions, constructive commentary and feedback are welcome on the APVMA social media channels. The APVMA expects users to post comments that are relevant and respectful to the community as a whole.
Use of APVMA’s social media sites
Posts made by users do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policy of the APVMA.
Therefore, in using the APVMA’s social media sites, you agree:
- not to reveal personal information of stakeholders or APVMA staff
- not to reveal confidential commercial information (CCI) of holders, applicants, nominated and authorised agents or authorising parties
- not to post irrelevant, excessively long material or material that does not relate to our business operations
- not to use the social media site to defame, insult, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or attack anyone
- not to post any material that is offensive, obscene, vulgar or violent
- not to post material that is political in nature
- not to post any material that is hateful, vilifies or discriminates against any particular race or ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual preference, nationality, age, disability, marital or domestic status, criminal record or political beliefs
- not to post any material that is fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
- not to impersonate or falsely represent any other person or organisation
- not to troll or deliberately disrupt discussion
- not to post any material that you do not have a legal right to post (for example, material that infringes the intellectual property rights of another person or material which is confidential)
- not to post material that identifies matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- not to post any material that advertises, offers or promotes anything of a commercial nature (for example any material which may breach the Spam Act 2003 (Cth)), is a commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
- not to use link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
- to always treat other people using the social media platforms with respect and courtesy
- not to post any material or encourage any conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability or is otherwise illegal or unlawful
- not to introduce any virus or other form of malicious code into the social media sites.
The APVMA records any information posted to the APVMA’s social media sites and uses that information for the purpose of administering its social media sites and considering and/or addressing any comments made. No attempt will be made to further identify individuals except where authorised or required by law. The APVMA is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of the host or any linked websites.
Any posts you make on social media sites are publicly viewable and searchable. Be aware that what you post may remain online indefinitely and can be found through search engines and online archives.
The APVMA reserves the right to:
- monitor any activity and content associated with the APVMA social media sites
Social media services may occasionally be unavailable. The APVMA accepts no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
License under which you post content
In posting material to an APVMA social media channel, you agree that you licence (as licensor) that material to the public under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia licence. Please read the terms carefully. In licensing your material under this licence, you agree to ensure that you have all necessary rights (including in respect of copyright and other intellectual property rights) from any owners of material which you include in your post in order to lawfully post that material under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia licence. You remain entirely responsible and liable for any infringement you may make of another person’s intellectual property rights as a result of your postings to the APVMA’s social media sites.
These terms are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of these laws and the courts of the ACT in respect of these terms and your use of the APVMA’s social media channels.