This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 13 November 2018. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/10691
You are here
Equity and Diversity
Workplace diversity recognises the value of individual differences and the importance of managing them in the workplace. It is about fairness, equity, flexibility, respect and a safe and rewarding workplace. The APVMA demonstrates and celebrates our commitment to workplace diversity strategies to maximise the contribution and inclusion of our people.
The APVMA's key objectives for workplace diversity are currently to:
- promote an environment of cooperation
- eliminate barriers
- build an understanding of the benefits of encouraging and valuing diversity in the workplace
- educate staff on what constitutes harassment, discrimination and bullying in the workplace
- embrace a range of cultural perspectives displayed in multicultural Australia and the key issues impacting on workplace communication, and
- raise awareness of the legislation and employee responsibilities in terms of workplace conduct including the APS Values, Employment Principles,and Code of Conduct.