This consultation closed on 22 September 2019
Consultation period24 June 2019 to 22 September 2019
- 24 June–22 September 2019: Proposed Regulatory Decision on domestic, home garden and certain public space uses
- 24 June–22 September 2019: Critical uses in agriculture, biosecurity, and on permit
- Late 2019: Proposed regulatory decision on critical uses for agriculture, biosecurity, and on permit.
The chlorpyrifos Proposed Regulatory Decision (PRD) in relation to domestic, home garden and certain public space situations was published on 24 June 2019 for a three month consultation period.
The APVMA proposes the following regulatory actions:
a. remove the use of chlorpyrifos products in domestic, home garden and certain public space situations
b. review critical agricultural, biosecurity, and permitted uses of chlorpyrifos.
Invitation for submissions—Proposed Regulatory Decision on certain uses
The Proposed Regulatory Decision and relevant residential exposure assessment and risk characterisation, supplementary environment assessment and toxicology technical reports are available on our website and submissions are invited. The closing date for submissions is 22 September 2019.
Invitation for submissions—critical uses
The APVMA is also reviewing critical agricultural, biosecurity, and permitted uses of chlorpyrifos before we make a final decision on these categories of products. A critical use is one where no alternative products exist.
The APVMA invites written submissions on the proposed decisions around critical uses of chlorpyrifos. The APVMA will use these submissions to inform our final proposed regulatory decision on these uses.
Preparing your comments for submission
When writing your submission:
- clearly identify the use patterns and state your point of view
- give reasons for your comments, supporting them with relevant evidence and indicating the source of the evidence you have used
- suggest to the APVMA any alternative solution you may have for the issue.
Please structure your comments in numbered form, referring each point to the relevant section in the report.
All submissions to the APVMA that include a valid email address will be acknowledged electronically.
When making a submission please include:
- contact name
- company or group name, and role within the organisation (if relevant)
- postal address
- email address
- the date.
Note that all submissions received are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982, the Privacy Act 1988 and the Agvet Codes. All personal and confidential commercial information (CCI) material contained in submissions will be treated confidentially (a full definition of ‘confidential commercial information’ is contained in the Agvet Code).
The closing date for submissions is COB 22 September 2019.
Submissions can be sent to:
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
PO Box 6182
KINGSTON ACT 2604
Telephone: +61 2 6770 2335
For the agriculture critical use patterns consultation, download the agricultural uses survey and follow the instructions to make a submission.