This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 22 April 2019. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/14026
You are here
APVMA Advisory Board Futures Forum 2014
The APVMA Advisory Board hosted a Futures Forum on 5–6 November 2014. A summary of the outcomes of the forum is now available.
With the theme Building a Regulator for the Future the forum provided an opportunity for attendees to participate in discussions, provide input and engage with representatives from the chemical and agricultural industries, consumer representatives, government and research organisations.
What was the purpose?
The forum was developed to:
- to identify actions the APVMA needs to take over the next three to five years to position itself as a contemporary world-class regulator
- identify risks and opportunities through discussion with stakeholders
- provide key themes which feed into strategic and business planning for the APVMA
- support the development of the APVMA Corporate Plan for 2015-18
- inform operational business process improvement, and
- share the work the APVMA has done to develop a risk-based assessment framework to better align regulatory burden with regulatory risk.
- regulatory excellence
- scientific excellence
- decision making
- international connections
- community confidence
- dynamic and efficient business processes
The forum heard from national and international experts in their fields—see the full program and speaker profiles here.
- Associate Prof Lyn Fragar
- Kareena Arthy
- Prof Mark Burgman
- Mr Lamine Lahouasnia
- Mr Matthew Phillips
- Dr Phil Reeves
- Dr Julia Nicholls
- Mr Mick Keogh