This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 9 August 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/27441
You are here
Tailored guidance for applicants
We’re improving our guidance material, tailoring it to the information you need to lodge the right application, with the right data and supporting evidence to meet APVMA criteria.
Whether you’re registering a new product or making a variation, you’ll have access to current and clear guidance for that application type before you enter our online services portal.
The following tailored guidance is available now. At the end of the process you’ll be able to start an application:
New product registrations
- I want to register a new product with an existing active or new combination of approved actives
- I want to register a new product which contains a new active constituent
- I want to register a product that is based on an existing registered reference product
- I want to register a product that is the same as a reference product
- I want to register a product and apply for the concurrent approval of a new source of active
Additional labels for a registered product
Variations to registered products
- I want to vary my product to amend a restraint, contraindication, precaution or side effect statement (vet products only)
- I want to vary my product to alter the shelf life/expiry date, in-use shelf life and/or storage conditions
- I want to vary a re-entry or handling instruction for my product
- I want to vary a withholding period and/or export interval
- I want to vary my product to add a new crop, animal species or situation
- I want to vary the sites of manufacture
- I want to vary a product pack size
- I want to vary the use of a product to include a new use, new application method, or new use instructions within an existing crop or situation (agricultural chemical products only)
- I want to vary my product to make a change to the product formulation—New
The tailored guidance materials are an alternative pathway to the existing decision tree, which is still available.
We’ll be gradually making more tailored guidance available for other common types of applications.