This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 12 August 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/12231
You are here
Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code requests
What documents can be accessed?
A person may submit an Agvet Code request to:
- inspect, or seek a copy or extract or part of, the Record of Approved Active Constituents for Chemical Productsi
- inspect, or seek a copy or extract or part of, the Register of Agricultural and Veterinary Chemical Productsii, and/or
- apply to the APVMA for a copy of, or extract of, a document relating to an approved active constituent or registered chemical product that is not held on the Record or Registeriii.
However the APVMA will refuse access to a document or any part of a document in a number of circumstances including when the documents:
- contain Confidential Commercial Information, and the applicant is not authorised to receive the information
- contain protected data, the applicant is not authorised to receive the information and the limitation periods have not expired yet
- contain personal information, the release of which would breach the Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988
- contain material, the release of which could damage the security or defence of the Commonwealth.
Making an Agvet Code request
The request must:
- be in writing, and
- provide enough information to the APVMA to clearly identify the documents sought, and
- seek documents related to an approved active constituent or registered chemical product.
There is no approved form.
Agvet Code requests can be submitted via email or post:
Case Management and Administration
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
GPO Box 3262
SYDNEY NSW 2001
The APVMA requires a commencement fee of $95 to begin processing a request.
If the location and preparation of the documents subject to your request exceed a total of one hour, further charges will apply before the documents can be supplied to you. These further charges will be calculated with reference to the below table.
|Chargeiv||Service||Amount (inc GST)|
|Commencement fee||To commence processing of the request||$95|
|Processing fee||For each additional hour or part of an hour, after the first hour, of work done by the APVMA to make the copy of extract available||$95|
|For each photocopied page in excess of the first 100 pages||$0.20|
|For each page of a copy, other than a photocopy, of a document||$4.40|
|For each page of a transcript of a sound recording or a document in shorthand||$4.40|
iPursuant to subsection 17(5) of the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code scheduled to the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Act 1994
iiPursuant to subsection 18(5) of the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code scheduled to the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Act 1994
iiiPursuant to section 8W of the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code scheduled to the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Act 1994
ivCalculated with reference to Regulation 73 of the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Regulations 1995