This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 20 November 2018. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/26521
You are here
APVMA Graduate Development Program
The Graduate Development Program prepares graduates for a career as a future leader within the APVMA by exposing you to a broad range of our activities and a targeted training program.
Throughout the Graduate Development Program you will:
- build on your degree
- become part of a passionate and dedicated team, where we make and implement decisions for the safe and efficient distribution of agricultural and veterinary chemicals in Australia.
- have a five-day industry tour where you will meet with key industry stakeholders
- complete a Diploma in Project Management
- attend training including communication skills, achieving results and promoting diversity
- be mentored by senior staff
- receive competitive remuneration, flexible working arrangements and conditions of employment.
The program has three diverse work rotations to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a rewarding career in the agency and the Australian Public Service, including one rotation within the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources. On completion of the program, graduates can access ongoing training, development and career opportunities.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for graduates with a genuine interest in a career working with Australia’s best regulatory scientists. You may be from a range of academic disciplines and related degrees in these fields:
- Agricultural Science
- Veterinary Science
- Life Science
- Human Health
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Science.
Graduates participating in the 2019 program will be based in Armidale and will need to travel to and from Canberra as required. Relocation Assistance for the move from your current location to Armidale may be provided in accordance with the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020.
What we offer
Our graduates are engaged as full-time, ongoing employees commencing at the APS3 level under the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020. On successful completion of the program, graduates will be assessed for advancement within the APVMA graduate band.
In addition to an attractive salary and generous employer superannuation contributions, we also offer:
- 7.21 hour standard working day
- performance bonus
- flexible working hours
- 20 days of paid annual recreation leave
- cumulative paid sick leave
- a diverse and inclusive workplace.
APVMA partners with the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources in the Graduate Development Program.
Applications for the program should be lodged through the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources website.
Applications closed on 20 April 2018.
For more information about the APVMA Graduate Development Program contact the Recruitment Officer on 02 6210 4854 or 02 6210 4983. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.