This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 10 July 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/26521
You are here
APVMA Graduate Development Program
Applications for the 2021 Graduate Development Program closed 26 April 2020.
The Graduate Development Program prepares graduates for a career as a future leader within the APVMA through exposure to a broad range of activities within a targeted training program.
Through the Graduate Development Program, participants will build on their existing tertiary qualifications to:
- become part of a passionate and dedicated team, where decisions that ensure the safe and efficient distribution of agricultural and veterinary chemicals in Australia are made and implemented
- receive advanced training in areas including communication skills, Australian Public Service values, achieving results, and promoting diversity
- be mentored by senior staff
- receive competitive remuneration and access to flexible working arrangements.
The program covers a number of rotations within the APVMA to provide opportunities to develop the skills and knowledge required for a rewarding career in the agency and the Australian Public Service. On completion of the program, graduates can access ongoing training, development, and career opportunities.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for graduates with a genuine interest in a career working with Australia’s best regulatory scientists. You may be from a range of academic disciplines and related degrees in these fields:
- Agricultural Science
- Veterinary Science
- Life Science
- Human Health
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Science.
Graduates participating in the 2021 program will be based in Armidale and will travel to and from Canberra as required. Relocation Assistance for the move from your current location to Armidale may be provided in accordance with the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020.
What we offer
Our graduates are engaged as full-time, ongoing employees commencing at the APS3 level under the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020. On successful completion of the program, graduates will be assessed for advancement within the APVMA graduate band.
In addition to an attractive salary and generous employer superannuation contributions, we also offer:
- 7.21 hour standard working day
- performance bonus
- flexible working hours
- 20 days of paid annual recreation leave
- cumulative paid sick leave
- a diverse and inclusive workplace.
For more information about the APVMA Graduate Development Program, email email@example.com.