This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 19 June 2018. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/74
You are here
Compliance and Enforcement guidelines
These pages contain information about the APVMA’s administration of Australia’s agvet legislation and what you need to do to comply with that legislation.
The legislation includes:
- the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Act 1994 (the Agvet Act)
- Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code scheduled to the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Act 1994 (the Agvet Code)
- the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Administration) Act 1992 (the Admin Act)
- the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemical Products (Collection of Levy) Act 1994 (the Collection Act).
The legislation allows us, and in some cases compels us, to:
- issue substantiation notices
- issue formal warnings
- enter into enforceable undertakings
- issue enforceable directions
- issue infringement notices
- issue stop supply and recall notices
- cancellation or suspension of a permit for noncompliance or prior convictions
- cancel or suspend permits to prevent imminent risk
- issue a notice to attend, give information or produce documents or things.