This consultation closed on 2 February 2022
Consultation period2 November 2021 to 2 February 2022
The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) in accordance with Part 2, Division 4 of the Agvet Code has commenced a reconsideration of anticoagulant rodenticide approvals and registrations because of concerns about the potential for unacceptable risks in the following areas:
- Environmental safety, including primary and secondary poisoning of non-target domestic animals and wildlife
- Human health, including worker exposure and public health
- Residues, including livestock and edible wildlife exposure, consumer safety, and trade
The matters the APVMA is reconsidering, and the work plan developed for the purposes of the reconsideration is outlined in detail in the Gazette of 2 November 2021. More information on the active constituents, product registrations and label approvals that are being considered are also included in the Gazette of 2 November 2021.
The APVMA invites written submissions from any person about the matters it is reconsidering.
Making a submission
At this time the APVMA invites written submissions about the:
- matters being reconsidered
- reasons for the reconsideration.
Preparing your submission
When preparing your submission, the APVMA prefers you to:
- clearly identify the issue and clearly state your point of view
- give reasons for your comments, supporting them with relevant scientific information and indicating the source of the information you have used.
Electronic submissions are preferred; all electronic submissions to the APVMA will be acknowledged via email.
When making a submission please include:
- contact name
- company or group name (if relevant)
- postal address
- email address
- the date you made the submission.
Please note: Submissions will be published on the APVMA’s website unless you have asked for the submission to remain confidential.
Please lodge your submission with a public submission coversheet which provides options for how your submission will be published.
Note that all APVMA documents are subject to the access provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and may be required to be released under that Act should a request for access be made.
The closing date for submissions is 2 February 2022.
Submissions can be sent to:
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
GPO Box 3262, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: +61 2 6770 2400