This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 31 January 2023. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/survey
You are here
Client and Stakeholder Survey
The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) conducts surveys of its clients and stakeholders to determine your level of satisfaction with our performance and services. The results of the survey provide us with an updated benchmark to assist with measuring our performance and provide insights into what is working well and identify opportunities for improvement.
We commissioned an independent research company Pollinate to conduct the APVMA’s 2022 Client and Stakeholder Survey on our behalf. Pollinate is a member of the Australian Market Social Research Society and conducts its research in line with the Society’s Code of Professional Behaviour. Pollinate is ISO 20252 certified – the international quality operating standard for market, social and opinion research. It is a certified framework for the management of data security and client and participant confidentiality.
The results of the 2022 survey indicated that stakeholder satisfaction remained steady for many key metrics, including:
- likelihood to speak positively about the APVMA to a colleague (67% in 2022 versus 64% in 2021)
- satisfaction with the APVMA website (67% in 2022 versus 68% in 2021)
- satisfaction with the APVMA’s efforts to engage with stakeholders on regulatory changes and/or operational changes (68% in 2022 versus 71% in 2021).
Of particular note, the proportion of respondents who were ‘very satisfied’ or ‘satisfied’ with how APVMA staff works with stakeholders increased to 82%, up from 76% in 2021.
We have reviewed the results and identified 4 key areas of opportunities for improvement:
- Strengthening stakeholder engagement and communications
- Through existing forums
- By improving internal processes to proactively communicate and engage with stakeholders
- Staff support – training, development, guidance
- Continued efforts to support staff learning and development
- Guidance material
- Create engaging content to share information on topics of interest with stakeholders
- Further information gathering
- Implement innovative ways to gain further insight into stakeholder experience with the APVMA
Stakeholders will have the opportunity to provide feedback on our progress in the next APVMA Client and Stakeholder Survey. In the meantime, if you would like to provide further feedback, or have suggestions for business improvement, you can do so via our feedback tool.