This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 5 July 2020. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/3110
You are here
View our organisational chart.
Roles and responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer: Dr Chris Parker
Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Ms Lisa Croft
Risk Assessment Capability
Provides scientific assessments that underpin registration decisions.
- Executive Director: Dr Jason Lutze
- Chemistry and Manufacture: Dr Samuel Margerison
- Environmental Assessment: Ms Janine Knight
- Health Assessment: Ms Sheila Logan
- Residues and Trade: Mr James Deller
Processes and evaluates applications to register products, permits and active constituents and manages the interface with clients.
- Executive Director: Mr Alan Norden, Dr Rachel Chay (A/g)
- Case Management and Administration: Mr Brendan Wright (A/g)
- Minor Use: Mr Peter Macleod
- Pesticides: Dr Maria Trainer, Ms Bronwyn Battisson, Mr Hugh Dawick
- Pre-evaluation and Quality: Ms Caroline Harvey (A/g), Ms Gaye Weller
- Veterinary Medicines: Dr Martin Ilott, Dr Donald Sibanda (A/g)
Office of the Chief Regulatory Scientist
Manages scientific quality and postmarket activities.
- Chief Regulatory Scientist: Dr Maggie Hardy
- Chemical Review: Dr Nial Gursanscky
- Compliance and Monitoring: Mr Steven Harris
- Science and Manufacturing: Dr Prue Oxford
Ensures the integrity of the regulatory framework through audit, coordination and sound legal advice.
- General Counsel: Ms Susan Hynes
Provides systems and support to all operations.
- Director: Mr Keith Lockyer
- Corporate Projects: Mr Lucas Kiel
- Finance: Ms Joanne Akerman
- Human Resources and Development: Ms Justine Roarty
- Infrastructure, ICT and Procurement: Mr David Stephenson
- Parliamentary and Communications: Mr Brendan Wright
Service Improvement and Integration
Ensures the objectives of the APVMA digital strategy are delivered to support the transition to the APVMA Armidale business model.
- Executive Director: Mr Bob Smith
- Business Intelligence and Improvement: Mr David Perry
Responsible for governance, risk and quality assurance.
- Director: Mr Damien Alexander (A/g)