This content is current only at the time of printing. This document was printed on 25 January 2022. A current copy is located at https://apvma.gov.au/node/302
You are here
Change a holder or nominated agent
An application to change the holder or nominated agent must be made through APVMA online services.
APVMA online services allow holders and nominated agents to submit and check the status of their applications and transact with the APVMA in a secure environment.
There is no option to submit the application using a paper form, although supporting information, such as a dossier, can currently be provided separately in paper form.
Applications must meet the application requirements in accordance with APVMA legislation and should be:
- in writing, using the approved form and signed by the applicant
- accompanied by the relevant fee
- accompanied by a record of the consent of the proposed holder or nominated agent to being the holder or nominated agent (see sample letter)
- accompanied by any information that is specified in the legislative instrument.
The APVMA will assess the application in accordance with the APVMA legislation and determine the success of the application within one month of the application being lodged.
We will begin assessment of an application only after the application has been lodged. The application is considered to be lodged when you provide the APVMA with the application information on the approved form accompanied by any other information specified by the legislative instrument. From when you submit the application, you have seven days to submit any other information as specified by the legislative instrument. If, within this period, you do not submit the other information specified by the legislative instrument, you are taken to have lodged the application.
We will notify you that your application has been received within 10 days of it being lodged.
The APVMA will record the change of holder or nominated agent in the record or register if we are satisfied that:
- the application meets the application requirements
- appropriate consent has been provided.
Any amount payable to us must be paid before we can complete our evaluation.
The APVMA must refuse the application if:
- the application does not meet the application requirements (this includes not meeting the requirements of an APVMA notice within the allocated timeframe or providing an inadequate response), or
- appropriate consent has not been provided.
The online application must be accurately completed and the application must be accompanied by the $50 fee. The legislation includes penalties for the provision of false or misleading information.
You will be required to provide certain information that is specified in the legislative instrument to support your application. When the application is made, the following information may be required to be contained in or accompany the application:
- written consent of the proposed holder consenting to be the holder of the approval or registration
- written consent of the proposed nominated agent consenting to be the nominated agent of the approval or registration
- for change of holder name, a copy of the Australian Securities and Investment Commission or equivalent paperwork.
For an approval or registration, if the proposed holder is not a resident of, and does not carry on business in, Australia, there must be a nominated agent.
A nominated agent may at any time give a signed written request to the APVMA to withdraw from being the nominated agent. The APVMA must be satisfied the nominated agent has notified the holder of the withdrawal before the request can be completed.
To facilitate changes to nominated agents, a separate application and fee are not needed to appoint or vary an agent if the change is made in conjunction with the lodgement of an application to approve, register or vary an active constituent, agvet chemical product or permit.
Request for further information
If we require any clarification of the information submitted with an application to change the holder or nominated agent, we will issue a notice requesting this.
You will have a short period from the date of the notice in which to provide a response. If a response is not received by the end of this period, a Notice of Proposal to Refuse Application will be issued and all further evaluation of the application will be put on hold until the period stated in the notice expires. If the outcome is for the application to be refused, no further evaluation will be conducted prior to the refusal.