The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) has a long-standing policy of using overseas or international assessments to facilitate the approval of new active constituents and registration of products based on the submission of an acceptable assessment from a trusted overseas regulator or international scientific body.
We also work cooperatively with overseas regulators to share work and make more efficient and effective use of the specialist and expert resources needed to evaluate the data supporting an application. These work-sharing arrangements are called Global Joint Reviews (GJR).
The following resources are provided to assist applicants looking to use an overseas or international assessment, or who are considering a GJR.
- Adopted international technical guidance material – agricultural
- Adopted international technical guidance material – veterinary
- Collaborative and international assessments including work-sharing
- Guidance for applicants on the submission of international data, standards and assessments
- Guidance on veterinary drug joint reviews
- Pre-application assistance
- Tailored guidance for applicants